How to create a chalky painted pinky white dresser ~


~ Blessings ~



Found this really neat dresser on craig's list.

It was the basic yellowish french provincial dresser with the gold accents.

I wanted to create a chalky paint finish.





~ The crown of beauty ~


I crushed two pieces of regular sidewalk chalk into a bag

added a little water in a bowl with the crushed chalk

&

then

added it to the paint.


Oil of gladness


 The finish and color of the dresser are amazing.

I definitely will be trying this again.



 ~ Garment of Praise ~

I even painted this little wire basket and pumpkin

I think they turned out super cute.

Do you?


~ Display of Splendor ~


An inspiration bible verse

Isaiah 61:1-3

The Year of the Lord’s Favor

61 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
    because the Lord has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
    and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
    instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the Lord
    for the display of his splendor.

Comments

  1. such a pretty piece....love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele,

    This came out so pretty! I bought my first chalk paint a couple months ago (graphite) and used it (along with the wax) to paint some frames. The paint adds wonderful patina :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD MORNING MICHELLE! Don't you just love white furniture? It literally makes me happy!

    Great job you did here. AND THANK YOU for your lovely comments. I had not seen you in a while, but yet, I have been trying to manage a lot here lately. You are so welcomed to come visit anytime! Have a creative day, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts