Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Perseverance and Persistence ~




James 1:2-4

New International Version (NIV)

Trials and Temptations

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


How are you persevering in life?

Ann Voskamp's  "Count 1000 Gifts" for today is to think of 3 gifts found in

 persistence.



I feel I am struggling thinking of how this is true for me in my life, yet, I feel

sad thinking maybe I have not persevered enough in my life and maybe 

this is where I can improve, pressing toward my goals in life through

PERSISTENCE.

How many times do you face a fear, and run, turn, or walk away?

I am wondering if our fears are actually those gateways to a 

new level in one's life, because when faced with a fear, one will either



QUIT 

or 

PERSEVERE and PERSIST


My goal is to face more fears.


Where in my life have have I possibly demonstrated 

persistence and 

found 3 gifts?




1.  The gift in persistence in running 6  half-marathons is

self-confidence

2.  The gift in persistence in raising 4 children is

joy


3.  The gift in persistence in praying is

faith




Dear Jesus, 

Help me to persevere so that I may become all that you want me to be

Help my children to learn to persevere too,

Be my strength to face my fears in life,

Be my eyes, ears, hands, and feet,

so that I may stay on the path

You have set before 

ME.

Amen.






































2 comments:

  1. Hi Michele,
    I read 1000 Gifts last year, and it touched me deeply. I have enjoyed reading your references to that great book! Your life seems to testify to your similarities to Ann V.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Revi

      Blessings to You
      Michele

      Delete

Similar posts to enjoy: