Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Light, Color, & Detail ~

~ Bonjour ~





How to find 3 gifts in something hanging down?

I find my daughter's hair as always hanging down, hanging down that is 

in 

her

eyes.

I am not the best at fixing hair, & often wish I knew who to 

put better

braids 

in

my 

little

Eva's 

hair

Doing a french braid would be seen in my eyes as 


Miracle

From

God






However, since that miracle has not happened,

I am

left 

wondering what the three gifts are in Eva's hair hanging down.

Funny story is today she 

just 

so 

happened

to say

"Mommy"

as I was reaching for my camera.

I noticed her hair hanging down, unfixed for the day

and 

I clicked 

away

Maybe the gift

is light!

I see highlights in her hair, so golden,

I also see color, unlike the grey popping up in my hair.

(he he)





I also see details, fine little hairs smooth and beautiful,

I also see her full eyelashes hanging down

below

the 

eye.



Is it ironic that Jesus is the Light of the world & highlights was something apparent in Eva's 

hair?

I would say not, and would have a tendency to say

there 

is 

my 

miracle.

God sheds his light on everything.

Thank you Jesus for light, your Light, for color around, and 

showing me 

how 

you

are present

in

the 

smallest

details

of 

Life.



~ Amen ~

The idea of looking for 3 gifts in something hanging down,

was taken

from

Ann Voskamps

Count 1000 Gifts.


John 8:12

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,

"I am the light of the world. 
Whoever follows me
will
never
walk
in
darkness,
but
will 
have
the light
of
life."













5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post today. Your daughter is so beautiful. You have shared God's light today and it shines brightly.

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Danielle. I appreciate your sweet words.

      May God's Light shine upon you.

      Michele

      Delete
  2. A beautiful message and beautiful images of your daughter.
    Thank you and wishing you a week of light and joy

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen and May God's Light shine upon you.

      Michele

      Delete
  3. Michele,

    This is just precious and makes me miss the years when my (now 21 year old) daughter was this age. Her hair was always in her eyes :) and I used to braid it in three braids each night to keep it from tangling.

    Amazing photos and I can tell that you are an amazing mother filled with unconditional love.

    Enjoy the start to a new week!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete

Similar posts to enjoy: