Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

3 R's

~ Bonjour ~



What would you say is a gift in rhyme, reason, and rhythm?
From Ann Voskamps, Count 1000 gifts, is the question posed today.


I would say that beauty is the gift from all three.
Rhyme and Reason and Rhythm are poetic type words to me as they flow
so smoothly from the lips when spoken, so as to me, I hear beauty
just saying the words.
I received an old brown dresser the other day and to me it reflects
the three words rhyme, reason, and rhythm.
I feel the reason for receiving the dresser is simply because I enjoy
painting and creating beauty in old things, of course, I see
receiving this dresser as a gift from the Almighty as I 
do not believe in coincidences but believe there is 
a reason for everything.

From my painting, I feel there is some sort of rhythm when swooshing
the paint brush back and forth across a dresser. The marks left behind
are a symbol of rhythm too as this is seen as a rhythmic pattern.

Here is a poem, sort of, that I made up about the dresser.


The White Dresser 

Jesus,
You are like a white dresser
your heart is like the drawers that are full of
Love
&
Compassion
&
Forgiveness
&
Faith
with a mirror so ornate
is your crown
of 
Righteousness
&
Restoration
Rest
Dress Me Jesus
From within your heart
clothe me
with your
Love
&
Compassion,
Forgiveness
&
Faith
Let me be dressed as if in a wedding dress
so 
perfectly white
Like your reflection from the mirror
allow me to have
Righteousness 
with you
Restoration
 from you
&
Rest 
with you.











3 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle! What a wonderful gift! You were BLESSED that day indeed! It's is very PRETTY! ENJOY it! From one sweetie to another...Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!!!
    OH my...what a beautiful dresser....I have an old antique dresser..similar to this one.....maybe I should paint it white......perhaps I shall.YOU have inspired me......I do want to check out some local yard sales and try and find some old pieces of furniture to paint......LOVE your perspective too...you are So right!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi michelle,

    I LOVE the paint job on that gorgeous piece! I just got back from vaca
    and am catching up as fast as I can. I will work on the award you blessed me with
    over the weekend! HUGS!!!

    Diane
    ~xo

    ReplyDelete

Similar posts to enjoy: