Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Seattle Rock & Roll Half~Marathon

Bonjour ~~




Today was the perfect day for a run, a perfect day to run the Seattle Rock & Roll Half~Marathon.  The weather was cool and cloudy. I sometimes giggle inside because the weather forecast was for rain, and it was raining when I left this morning to drive into Seattle for the race.  I have a tendency to pray for just about everything so Yep, I prayed this morning and asked God to please let the weather be free of rain during the race.  Yep, in my heart, I feel God is so so good.  After parking my car, and exiting the parking garage, it had stopped raining, (it had been raining hard too).  The whole race there was no rain. Whether one says, it is just the weather, I like to believe in my heart that God answers prayers.  Thank you Jesus for a great race for all runners today here in the great Pacific Northwest.   Also, yesterday at the Expo, some ladies were selling these cute little shoe jewels that you place your shoestrings through.  I could not resist the little jeweled pink ones with the number "13.1" on it.    If you would like to know more about why I named my blog Pearl 13.1 read the section under my profile.   


Bisous, et que Notre Seigneur Jesus Christ te Benisse~


Kisses, and may the Lord Jesus Christ bless You~







2 Timothy 4: 7-8


7  I have fought the good fight,  I have finished the race,








I have kept the faith.







8  Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness,










which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day ~







and not only to me,







but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! The rain stopped just for YOU! I believe it. God honors the prayers of His people. Precious thought, huh?

    Thank you for visiting me and your sweet words. Prayers for my hands and the endless burning from carpel tunnel and tendonitis are sooo appreciated.

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will do Rebecca ~~ Prayers going out to you.

      Michele

      Delete
  2. HI!!!
    I will look up the 13.1 ---but I AM guessing it has to do with running and why you chose to start running....I am anxious to know!!PRAISE GOD...I believe in prayer and I know GOD answers our Prayers!!!MY sis and her hubby and SOn and his family live in the Seattle area....out on the Penisula to be exact.....I love that area...but could NOT LIVE there.....to gray and rainy for this desert rat....my Sis loves it though...her Daughter in law not so much....she is from Palm Springs, so a desert rat too!!!
    I would LOVE to run a marathon...even a 5-K would count in my book.....it is on my bucket list...so I shall do this one day soon.....I am 54 so I have to hurry up!!!!
    Praise God for finding another sis in Christ!!!
    Love,
    jamie--mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie ~~ mimi ~~~~ yes you are right, I really enjoy running half marathons (13.1 miles) and so that is the reason for Pearl 13.1 Also, one of my favorite bible verses is 1 Corinthians 13:1-13!! Let me know when you do your first race ~~~ :)

      God Bless You Jamie
      Michele

      Delete
  3. Praying for good weather!!!! Wow! I'm so impressed you are doing this. Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie ~~~ Yes, I pray for little things like good weather :) Also, I already ran the race, it was on Saturday or yesterday here in Seattle ~ and there was no rain the whole time. It was really fun.

      Sincerely,
      Michele

      Delete

Similar posts to enjoy: