Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Simple Generous Heart ~


Acts 2:46

Amplified Bible (AMP)
46And day after day they regularly assembled in the temple with united purpose, and in their homes they broke bread [including the Lord's Supper]. They partook of their food with gladness and simplicity and generous hearts,   

Hi~

I feel so blessed.  Yesterday I found another Rachel Ashwell book at the local used book store in town.  It is titled "the Shabby Chic home".   Reading her book, I found more inspiration.  First, on p. 156 Rachel shares about her "love to entertain".  She also says she wants to enjoy her guests that visit her when she entertains.  She keeps the food simple and of course uses her pretty china.  I feel inspired to serve my family with a generous simple heart and to find some pretty china on which to serve the meals.  I really like Crate & Barrel dishes but do have two cute little china pieces that I use to serve my little girls their breakfast of toast.  I feel inspired to "hunt" for some miscellaneous china pieces  and add to the two I already have and create maybe that "Rachel Ashwell" look at the table.

Praise the LORD for his generous heart toward us today.

God Bless You Today & Always ~

the Shabby Chic home by Rachel Ashwell ~
p. 156
"I love to entertain ..."
Simple Cute White & Gold Plate ~
Haviland Limoges Pink Floral Plate ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Similar posts to enjoy: